RIBI YOUNG WRITER/ PHOTOGRAPHER COMPETITION

Runner Up!


The themes for the three pictures that we had to produce was 'people' so I decided that for my pictures I would show career, leisure and friendship as I believe that that is the norm or modern take in today's society. Almost everybody in our modern world now are born into this somewhat routine. You go through education to get a job to do things you like and you meet nice and bad people as you go along. My first picture of the person playing the guitar looks at career and the edit of it being black and white shows that a lot of people nowadays do jobs just to live. To earn a decent living to feed the family and to get by. This isn't for everyone as there are people who love their jobs but I think for the majority it's the case of finding a job to have a job. But on the flip side I think in this picture it shows commitment and sacrifice and I think that's very important.

My second picture I tried to convey leisure. Everyone has different hobbies and interests and I see them as a way of escape; to leave reality for a while and enjoy the things you like. It could be as simple as drawing or to more complex things like climbing mountains. 
In my last picture I wanted to portray friendship. Friendship can be with other people but also with animals. I agree with the quote 'A dog is a man's best friend' but for me I have a cat instead of a dog. I believe that animals can relieve stress that comes with responsibility of life. I think the picture represents how animals can bond with their owners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment